On Thursday, May 18, 2023, RIAT Games, LLC, the Japanese subsidiary of Riot Games, Inc. of the United States, and Dentsu Inc. of Japan entered into a strategic partnership for the Asian region. Dentsu aims to utilize RIAT Games' " VALORANT " for marketing to young people. Dentsu also announced that it will co-host a corporate conference in conjunction with the "VALORANT Champions Tour 2023 Masters Tokyo," the world's premier e-sports league.
riat games and dentsu form strategic partnership
On Thursday, May 18, 2023, Raiatto Games, LLC entered into a strategic partnership with Dentsu Inc. Dentsu will provide an important communication tool for marketing to the younger generation through marketing planning and effectiveness measurement utilizing "VALORANT," a tactical FPS game developed and operated by RYAT Games. Dentsu's initiatives for this announcement are as follows
- Development of sponsorship menus: Design marketing programs that maximize the appeal and story of "VALORANT" IP.
- Develop sponsor activation: Integrate the Dentsu Group's creative, insight, and production capabilities, as well as a wide range of data and technology services, to design activation programs that leverage the effectiveness of the IP and reach a broad and deep target audience beyond the duration of the e-sports tournament. Reach a broad and deep target audience
- Sponsor Marketing Execution: Measure the value and effectiveness of the menu of offerings to partner companies.
- Content Growth: Utilize knowledge gained in the entertainment and media business to support the development of the "VALORANT Champions Tour", a mid- to long-term international "VALORANT" tournament, and pursue value creation for partner companies.
- Strategic planning: Provide expertise in the e-sports domain and support the development of strategies for new companies considering entry into the market.
Dentsu will work with a number of partner companies, including STAGE:0, to develop the e-sports market starting in 2019. In September 2021, Dentsu announced the global common solution " dentsu gaming," which integrates the Dentsu Group's domestic and international expertise in the gaming domain and has contributed to the marketing of e-sports to younger generations.
We look forward to the further development of the e-sports market in Japan, where "valorant" games are particularly popular.
Co-hosting a corporate conference in June 2023
RIAT Games and Dentsu also announced that they will co-host a corporate conference on Thursday, June 8, 2023. This event will coincide with the first "Valorant Champions Tour 2023 Masters Tokyo , " a professional league by Riatt Games, which will be held for the first time in Japan on Sunday, June 11, 2023. The event will introduce tips and case studies for corporate marketing utilizing "VALORANT," a tournament and title that is extremely popular among Generation Z.
|Date and Time||Thursday, June 8, 2023, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Venue||Dentsu Hall A (Dentsu Headquarters, 1-8-1 Higashi-Shinbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo)|
|Organizers||RIAT Games, Dentsu Inc.|
|Admission||Free of charge|
|How to participate||Register using the dedicated form|