The game that will represent the year 2020 is Nintendo Switch " Atsumare Animal Crossing " ("Atsumori").
A major winter update was released on Thursday, November 19, 2020 at 10:00 a.m., and many new elements have been added. Let's go get ready for winter for the first time towards the end of the year!
Outside of the game, the Gelapiquet x Atsumori collaboration items have been selling out immediately after pre-orders began, and the excitement is growing, but Nintendo has issued a request and announcement to companies and organizations that use Atsumori.
Announcing what you may do and what you should refrain from doing.
On Thursday, November 19, 2020, a " Request and Announcement for companies and organizations using "Atsumare Animal Crossing"" was released on Nintendo's website.
We are aware that companies, organizations, and the people who represent them may use "Atsumare Animal Crossing" in connection with their business, but as a general rule, the game is offered to individuals, so Nintendo has officially announced what companies and organizations may do and what they should refrain from doing.
The following is what you may not do.
- Providing your own design or your own dream place to other customers.
- Invite other customers to your island.
- Uploading screenshots or videos of the software to appropriate websites or sharing sites for the above purposes.
There has been a lot of excitement about companies and organizations distributing My Designs with images of their products and other products.
There seems to be no problem with designing an island for an event or promotion and inviting people to it, or publishing a screenshot of it on a social networking site, etc.
The following is what we would like you to refrain from doing
- Using expressions that are not suitable for all ages, such as expressions that are not appropriate for children.
- Making expressions that may cause inconvenience to other customers, or that may harm other customers, such as violent or discriminatory expressions, or expressions that include political claims.
- Conduct that misleads other customers about the contents of this software or contains content that is not true (including, but not limited to, representing that you have obtained an individual license from Nintendo, contrary to the facts).
- Marketing activities using the SOFTWARE, such as inducing other customers to engage in activities outside of the game (including, but not limited to, inducing customers to visit product purchase sites, distributing coupons, offering prizes, conducting sweepstakes, requesting customers to follow social networking accounts, obtaining information about other customers, and other solicitation activities)
- Making any financial gain in connection with the Software (including providing My Designs for a fee, receiving revenue from advertising, etc.).
Since Atsumori is CERO A for good children, expressions that are not suitable for all ages are, of course, prohibited, but since it says " acts that mislead the contents of this software," it seems that anything that would greatly damage the world view of Atsumori is also prohibited.
The " expressions that include political claims " are also prohibited, so it is officially prohibited to use the software for election campaigning.
Also, "to gain financial gain " means that the distribution of My Design or Dreamland or invitations to the island must be free of charge, which is acceptable.
The " marketing activities using the software," such as requesting people to follow you on social networking sites, is something that you may be tempted to do, so be careful.
It may be updated as things change.
This request and notice are current as of November 19, 2020.
The content published this time may be updated as the Atsumori community changes.
It does not mean that you can do anything other than the contents of this time, and basically the Nintendo Switch Terms of Service and Nintendo Account Terms of Service will apply.
If a company or organization wishes to use Atsumori for something other than what is described here, it is necessary to obtain permission from Nintendo in advance.
Because we live on an island where anything is possible, make sure you play by the rules!
For more details and the full text, check the Nintendo website!